Austin Air Healthmate®
- Regular price
- Price: $714.99
- Regular price
- List Price:
- Sale price
- Price: $714.99
- Unit price
Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 08 and Dec 11.
Austin Air Healthmate®
The Austin Air HealthMate® is Austin Air's standard, flagship air purifier. It was first designed in 1990 to address everyday air-quality concerns. The HEPA technology is proven to remove up to 99% of all airborne contaminants as small as 0.1 microns, including viruses, bacteria, dust, dander, and allergens. The activated carbon will also effectively remove chemicals, gases, and odors. Austin Air HealthMate® air filters have a 5 year life expectancy.
Breathe air free of contaminants with the only clinically proven air purification solution on the market. Austin Air has outperformed more than 100 other purifiers in government tests. Austin Air uses activated carbon combined with the medical-grade HEPA technology recommended by the CDC, EPA, and WHO. Austin Air is trusted by numerous doctors, teachers, professional athletes, first responders, and parents for a wide range of health issues and air quality concerns.
Health Benefits Of The Austin Air HealthMate®:
- Reduces the viral load to minimize risk of infection or severity of disease
- Lessens night time allergies and asthma attacks
- Strengthened immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Reduced snoring
Do you live in an area affected by wildfires?
For anyone living in an area affected by wildfires, the effects of the smoke will be all too familiar. And, if you have a wood burner in your home, they also produce smoke that can affect your health.
In the short term, exposure to smoke causes breathing difficulties, burning eyes, and a sore throat. For people with ongoing respiratory problems, such as asthma or COPD, smoke inhalation exacerbates symptoms and increases the chances of an asthma attack. Smoke exposure can also increase the risk of a person suffering from a heart attack or stroke, and is linked to diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s. New evidence also suggests that smoke from wildfires plays a direct role in the spread of COVID-19.
Did You Know?
- Wildfire smoke can be ten times more harmful than other types of pollution. Wildfires burn wood and unfortunately building materials, furnishings, all sorts of things -- which produces a mixture of many harmful particles, chemicals, gases, formaldehyde, and VOCs. It’s like a potpourri of pollution. The worst kind.
- Wildfire smoke can trigger flare-ups and exacerbate respiratory issues, including Covid-19. People suffering from chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, and even allergies are at an increased risk for increased symptoms. Studies have also shown wildfire smoke may raise the risk of Covid-19.
- Wildfires don’t just affect those people who are close enough to see the fire. Wildfire smoke can travel hundreds or thousands of miles. In fact, in 2021 the intense fires in Oregon produced smoke that spread to Indiana (The Indiana Department of Environmental Management actually advised residents to stay indoors for a time.) The Oregon smoke even reached the East Coast, as far as New York City.
- Not all air purifiers are equipped and robust enough to handle wildfire smoke. Because wildfire smoke contains a mixture of large and fine particle pollution as well as chemicals, gases, formaldehyde, and VOCs, an air purifier must have filter media designed to handle each of these types of pollutants. The filter must contain true, medical-grade HEPA (not HEPA-like material) to capture fine particles. And it must have activated carbon to capture chemicals, gases, formaldehyde, and VOCs.
- Austin Air HealthMate® uses the most filter media to remove the widest range of pollutants found in smoke. The Austin Air HealthMate Plus™ uses more than 780 cubic inches of activated carbon, potassium iodide-impregnated carbon, and zeolite to remove the volatile organic compounds (VOCs), formaldehyde, benzenes, chemicals, gases, and odors found in wildfire smoke. It also uses 60 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA to remove 99% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns. No one else in the industry uses that much.
- Austin Air has been a first responder during some of America’s most challenging times. As an approved air cleaning company, FEMA and the American Red Cross chose to partner with Austin Air Systems to help provide clean air to the residents of New York City and surrounding areas following the devastation of 9/11. Austin Air was also a first responder following Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Sandy, and the 2015 SoCal gas leak in California.
- Austin Air purifiers are tested and clinically proven. Austin Air outperformed more than 100 other air purifiers in government tests. Additionally, Austin Air is the only air cleaner company to partner with research organizations to conduct clinical trials on our products. We’ve worked with organizations such as Johns Hopkins University, the American Academy of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, the University of Washington, and Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering.
- The Austin Air HealthMate® was selected for use in a clinical trial at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre. The team monitored a group of children with asthma who were regularly exposed to second-hand smoke. The aim of the study was to determine how the use of our air purifiers could help to reduce the number of times the children went to hospital. The results were clear, running one of our units in the children’s bedrooms while they slept, reduced their hospital visits by nearly 20%.
The Best Air Purifier for COVID
Keep Your Family Safe!
Reduce Exposure To New COVID-19 Strains!
Since the pandemic's start, the COVID-19 virus has mutated to adapt and survive, creating new variants of the disease. Some of these are even more contagious and deadly.
For example, the Alpha variant is 50% more contagious than the original virus. The Delta variant is said to be 50% more contagious than the Alpha variant.
There’s also the Delta Plus variant, a “subvariant” of Delta. According to CBS News, the Delta Plus variant can attack lung cells more aggressively than other versions. And it can better escape vaccines as well.
The One Thing All COVID Variants Have in Common
Keeping track of new variants and their differing infection rates is enough to make your head spin. But there's one thing they all have in common: size.
Each variant of the COVID-19 virus is still .125 microns in size. That means it’s possible to reduce exposure to airborne particles by using an air purifier. But not just “any” air purifier. This is extremely important...
According to an extensive review carried out by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), air purifiers using a combination of HEPA and carbon are the most effective. However, the report also noted that a significant amount of HEPA and carbon must be used for efficacy.
Best Air Purifier For COVID: 2 Reasons Why
Austin Air uses a combination of activated carbon and Medical-Grade HEPA in its filters, which has been proven to remove up to 99% of all airborne contaminants as small as 0.1 microns. In fact, Austin uses up to 15 pounds of carbon and 60 square feet of HEPA. No one else in the industry comes close.
The Austin Air Bedroom Machine has an extra level of protection against COVID-19, with a HEGA carbon cloth. A 2009 third-party study performed by the Health Protection Agency in the U.K. tested a surrogate virus that was 23-28 nm in diameter (smaller than the COVID-19 virus) and found the activated carbon cloth both captured and deactivated the virus.
IMPORTANT: Consider Viral Load
We now know the primary method of transmission for COVID-19 is airborne. That means an infected person releases the virus into the environment through aerosol droplets when they exhale. If a healthy person inhales those particles, they could become infected as well. The number of viral particles may determine how sick that person becomes. Exposure to a large number of particles is considered a high viral load. A high viral load can overwhelm the immune system and increase your chances of severe illness.
Reducing The Viral Load
With an Austin Air purifier, you reduce the number of virus particles circulating in the air, which will reduce how much of the virus you're exposed to. This could help lessen your risk of severe infection, as lowering the viral load in the environment gives the immune system a better chance of fighting the virus.
However, it's important to mention that the virus can also spread via surfaces and human contact in addition to airborne transmission. Therefore, it's vital we regularly wash our hands.
If COVID-19 is your main concern, we recommend the Austin Air Bedroom Machine for ultimate protection. This machine uses medical-grade HEPA technology that has been found to remove 99% of airborne viruses as small as 0.1 microns, as well as everyday pollutants such as dust, dander, and allergens. Not only that... the Austin Air Bedroom Machine has an extra level of protection against COVID-19, as the HEGA carbon cloth has been found to capture and destroy airborne viruses.
Our Commitment To You
Backed by the best warranty in the industry, you can take pleasure in knowing you’ve made a sound investment with your Austin Air cleaner.
30-Day, No-Questions-Asked, Money-Back Guarantee
In the unlikely event that you’re not completely satisfied with your Austin Air cleaner, return it within 30-days, no-questions-asked.
5-Year Mechanical Warranty
Your Austin Air HealthMate® is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5-years from the date of purchase; provided your Austin air purifier was operated under normal residential use and that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Austin Air Systems.
5-Year Pro-Rated Filter Warranty
Austin Air HealthMate® offers a 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry. No more costly filter replacements every few months or years. Austin Air filters are designed to last for an unprecedented 5-years, under normal residential use.
- Dimensions: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 3 speed centrifugal Fan
- High efficiency motor rated for continuous use at high RPM
- CSA approved
Austin Air HealthMate® Filter Specifications
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 99% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
Austin Air HealthMate®replacement filters have up to a 5 year life expectancy.
The Austin Air HealthMate® Filter is our originally designed filter that contains a blend of activated carbon and zeolite capable of absorbing chemicals, odors and gases as well as true medical grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance). The HEPA in this filter traps 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size. Today this is still our most popular unit as it addresses the most general of indoor air quality concerns.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
MY order was short a few items. Contacted customer service ,they were supper polite and helpful and received my items within a few days.Great place to shop at.
What a great experience with HomeOutdoors. The Tagwood grill was delivered promptly and was very well protected in the packaging and shipping. The grill is very high quality and is great to grill on.
Very good service. With my luck having these critical spare parts dramatically reduces the probability that I will need them.
Thanks for the service.
The customer service and tech support is excellent. Highly pleased with the pellet stove.
Wonderful, amazing, delighted, well built, excellent customer service, zero issues, money well spent. Thank you!
Shipped very promptly and arrived in excellent condition. Very happy overall, except that the manual that comes with the stove is sooo small I needed a magnifying glass to read parts of it.
Key, I think is finding good pellet fuel.
we had some difficulty with our hp 55 model it was handled very well by your company. i have found you folks to be honest helpful , and profesional , we now have the hp 61 and we are very happy i recomend your stoves and your company to everyone i can.
Very nice pellet stove. Great customer service.
Well worth the money..everyone was so impressed..nice even cooking
Great people polite very professional the pellet stove works awesome it's great have no complaints keep up the great service and great products.
Amazing quality grill! Olivia provided amazing customer service always keeping me updates and always answering all my questions
The Customer Service People were great. Everything went as expected. We are enjoying it
Really great product and superb customer service!
Olivia and Hayden were so friendly and always provided updates on my order! Th grill is amazing, great quality and amazing price.
Looks amazing in our back yard space! It took a while to get here but when it did it was in perfect shape. It is solid and elegant. Gives a lot of warmth. Have received many compliments. We left it covered over the winter and it looked great this spring.