1. "The igniter says electric. Does it have to be plugged in to an electrical outlet or is it battery operated?"
It is AAA battery operated. The battery is located inside of the igniter.
2. "Can I put this on a wooden deck"
CSA certified request all fire pit must be setup on the fireproof platform.
3. "Can this fire table be stored outside safely with the protective cover on in a cold climate during the winter months?"
We recommend that you detach the propane tank, cover the item and store the unit in an enclosed area. This will help protect it from cold weather conditions.
4. "Do I need to buy a connector and hose to connect the propane tank?"
No, the fire pit comes with hose and regulator, ready to attach to your propane tank.
5. I am concerned about rain water getting inside the item. Does the lid make it water-proof or do I need to buy a separate cover for it?
This product is designed for outdoor use, so a little rain shouldn't be too much trouble. But we suggest that you use a cover to protect the table when it is not in use. A cover will keep leaves and dirt out of the lava rock or fire glass.
6. How long will the unit burn with a full 20 lb. tank?
A 20 lb tank will last for about 10-15 hrs depending on the flame height.
7. How much assembly is required?
Very little assembly is required. Connect the regulator with your LP gas tank and then fill the pan with the included lava rock.
8. Where can you buy the propane tanks for this unit?
This unit does not require a specific type of tank other than the standard 20 lb tank used with most fire tables. They are available at most home improvement stores.
9. How high is the flame?
The height of the flame depends on the gas pressure in the supply line and the placement of the decorative media placed on top of the burner. With the maximum pressure usable by the burner and the proper placement of the media, one could expect up to an 18" flame.
10. What is the overhead clearance minimum? Can it be used under an umbrella?
The overhead clearance requirement is 72" above the height of the table top. The umbrella would need to be 6' taller than the table.
11. What is GRC? It is durable?
GRC is a glass fiber reinforced concrete and is very durable.
12. Is this item winter proof/weatherproof?
Yes, this item is made to be used outdoors. However, it should be covered during the winter months.
13. Do we need to have the fire pit connected to an electrical supply or outlet?
The item does not require an electrical connection. It is a push button ignition that is battery powered.
14. Does this fire pit come with a variable flame control?
Yes, this fire pit does have variable flame control.
15. It shows the burner, can that all be cover with extra lave rock?
No, the appropriate amount of lave rock is sent with this unit. You cannot use extra lave rock to gain more burner coverage. Doing this can cause the burner to soot and reduce flame height as well as cover the igniter causing the fire pit not to light.
16. Is the propane tank included?
No, the propane tank is not included with this fire pit.
17. Is the connection valve to the propane tank standard connection?
Yes, the propane tank connection is a standard connection. Inlet connection: QCC (1.312””-5ACME)
18. Can this fire pit use a direct line from a propane source? Not a small tank?
This fire pit comes ready and equipped to connect to a 20 lb. LP gas tank. You will need a certified gas supplier or a local gas professional to come and reconfigure the gas connection in order to connect this to a plumbed propane line. Changing to the connection would void the warranty.
19. Does the copper structure itself get hot?
The top edge can get hot, but the sides and bottom of the fire pit will not get hot.
20. How hard is it to assemble?
It’s very easy! Ten minutes would be enough. Please refer to Guide Book.
21. Can I burn charcoal in it?
No, it is not designed to burn charcoal.