Treat yourself to freshly made pizza in 2 hours with our favourite pizza dough recipe! Save time and hassle by skipping the dough-rising process and quickly get your dinner on the table.
Our recipe for delicious pizza takes just 20 minutes of active attention, leaving you free to relax or work on other tasks. Enjoy great pizza with minimal effort.
Makes 6-8 12” pizzas depending on how thin you like your crust
- 1.5 cups - lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp - active dry yeast
- 4 cups - all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp - olive oil
- 2 tsp of sugar (optional)
Preparing the dough:
- Combine the water, yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar using a small bowl. Mix ingredients, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the first step to set, combine 3 cups of flour, the salt, and the rest of the sugar in the bowl. Mix to combine ingredients, then add the olive oil and mix.
- When the yeast and water have set, add it to the bowl with the flour. Mix for about 5 minutes. Slowly stir in the last cup of flour, and continue mixing.
- By this time, the dough should be slightly sticky. If the dough feels too tacky or dry after 20 minutes of mixing, add flour or water a little at a time and incorporate thoroughly.
Resting and Rising The Dough:
- Now put the dough into a new clean bowl, cover and place it in a warm location for 35 to 40 minutes to rise.
- Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl and place it on a flat surface. Knead by hand for about a minute to remove any air bubbles.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal parts (depends how thin you like your crust) and form each piece into a tight ball, keeping an unbroken “skin” on the upper side of the ball.
- Sparingly coat a flat surface with olive oil. Lightly cover each ball with olive oil, then set it onto your oiled surface; pinch the bottom side of the balls to pull the dough tight. Ensure the dough balls are 6-8 inches apart, allowing them to expand.
- Place the dough balls back in a warm spot until they have doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, the dough is now ready to use.